Coda File System

Re: Transfer Speeds

Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:47:36 -0400
On 25 jul 2010, at 12.54, Zetas wrote:

>  Also,
> if we have to go over the open Internet to gain that performance boost, what
> kind of innate security does coda provide, is there any kind data encryption
> employed? Besides just the auth to write to the directory, we'd like the data
> going over the net to be encrypted as well or at least obfuscated, curious to
> know if this is already done or what would be the best way to go about doing it.

This is the kind of question that Rune usually answers, but I think he's on vacation.
Yes, there is data encryption available for Coda. It has been around as an add-on
for a while but I think it has been integrated to the mainstream code now. Someone
correct me if I'm wrong. In any case it is integrated in the coda installers available
from Aetey AB  at http://www.aetey.se/index.php?Static&pg=CodaInstHowto.

-- Christer