Coda File System

Re: pkgsrc patches

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 17:28:00 -0500
On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 04:11:38PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> writes:
>
> > Yes someone is here.
>
> Glad to hear it.
>
> > Haven't checked yet if the patch is applied to CVS, but I have a couple
> > of emails with Coda related patches that were sent to codalist and me
> > privately tagged to be applied.
> >
> > I figured I'd apply them after the CVS -> Git conversion was complete
> > and then release a new Coda version with the state of things. I've
> > scripted the whole conversion process with reposurgeon and stopped
> > trying to 'perfect' the conversion mostly because I seemed to be getting
> > stuck on reposurgeon related bugs.
>
> If that's soon, that's fine.  I see getting buffixes applied and patch
> release out as more important than converting.  I'm all for switching to
> git, but it's not coda's biggest problem.

All my scripts that I used to use to build, test, tag, package and sign
new releases have broken over time so actually making a new release will
take some time on my end to dig up on which USB drive I have my signing
keys and such. So I figured instead of fixing the release scripts for
CVS, finishing Git conversion and then rewriting the release scripts for
Git I could just do the fix once and be done. But the conversion is
taking pretty long partly because 'it aint the biggest problem'.

> With the change to git, will there be a bugtracker?  It seems we don't
> have one now, or at least I'm unaware.

Yes, our group has public and private Github repositories under
https://github.com/cmusatyalab/ and the converted Coda source repo
would be published there too.