Coda File System

[Darwincoda] Re: DarwinCoda cvs?

From: Jin Choi <jinschoi_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:23:51 -0400
Thanks, that worked.

I just checked out the CVS tree and attempted to build it.
1. There is a darwin_coda.xcode file that doesn't load

2. When attempting to kextload the result of the build, it fails.
Trying kextload -v 6, it has the following error:

kextload: looking for dependency of extension
/Users/jsc/src/coda/proj/DarwinCoda/sys/darwin-7.3/build/
darwin_coda.kext with ID com.apple.kernel, compatible with version 7.3
kextload: can't resolve dependency from
/Users/jsc/src/coda/proj/DarwinCoda/sys/darwin-7.3/build/
darwin_coda.kext to ID com.apple.kernel; no compatible version of ID
com.apple.kernel is known
kextload: cannot resolve dependencies for kernel extension
darwin_coda.kext

Changing "7.3" to "7.4" in Info.plist allowed it to load (the correct
version of my com.apple.kernel).

-Jin