Coda File System

Re: Solaris port, questions ...

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:44:39 -0500
On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 10:05:20AM -0800, Phil Nelson wrote:
> By the way, I'm currently having iomgr.c problems on both my
> Solaris systems.  venus stops with
>
> ../../src/iomgr.c:293: failed assertion `0'
>
> Shouldn't there be something better to do there than panic?
> Like go back to the select and wait again?  Or is it
> really the right thing to do there?

This is to trap bad code that closes a random filedescriptor. FreeBSD is
hit by a similar bad close which manages to close the DNS socket used
for gethostbyname lookups.

Shafeeq is looking into this. Cmon has the same problem as venus, is
easier to debug and should (almost) never close anything, so this one
might be found RSN.