Coda File System

Re: liblwp?

From: Quinn Weaver <qweaver_at_vovida.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:44:52 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Tom Tarka wrote:

> Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
>
> > Which package contains liblwp in RedHat Linux 6.1?  I tried rebuilding from the
> > source RPM, but it complains that it can't find liblwp.  Sorry if this is
> > a FAQ.  Thanks for any help.
>
> you have to build lwp yourself.  You can get it from the same directory
> as you get coda from:  ftp://ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/src/ (i think).

Sorry for the late response...

Actually, you can get nice source RPMS under
<ftp://ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/coda/linux/SRPMS/>.  I don't think this
directory is mentioned in the FAQ, so don't feel bad.

> You can build an rpm of lwp by untarring the src, running configure,
> copying the tarball to /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ and typing
> rpm -ba pkgs/lwp.spec from the lwp src directory.  Or something.

It's a bit different if you are building from an SRPM, rather than from
an tarball and a spec file.  You can install the source RPM using 'rpm -i
whichever-version.src.rpm', then cd'ing to /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and
typing 'rpm -ba whichever.spec'.  Several of the packages build out one
spec file in of coda-debug.whatever.rpm, so don't be confused that there
are fewer sources than packages.

Oh yeah, once the SRPMS build, the binary RPMs will be in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386.  Install them as normal, using 'rpm -i
whichever.i386.rpm'.

All the source RPMs compile out of the box, at least for Red Hat 6.0. ;)

--
Quinn Weaver  Software Engineer  ,      Vovida Networks  http://www.vovida.com