Coda File System

Re: rdsinit death

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 15:27:32 -0500
On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 11:39:44PM -0800, Tom Tarka wrote:
> I did this and didn't see anything too out of place.  It didn't look
> like I was running out of memory, and with 505M swap and coda not
> started up (therefore not taking up any memory), this shouldn't be an
> issue, right?  But the fact that I could get it to initialize a 130M
> Data partition, but not 200M or 315M sure does sound like a memory
> issue though, doesn't it?

It could be that there is not a big enough chunk of memory available in
the memory map around the address that we try to mmap the data segment.

Try to figure out where shared libraries and such are mapped. I believe
we use 0x20000000 as the base address for RVM data, and it sounds like
something else could be in your memory map about 150MB above this point
(around 0x25000000). On linux, /proc/<pid>/maps should give all the info
about which addresses are already used up.