Coda File System

Re: Further adventures in NetBSD kernel coda support

From: Tim Robbins <tjr_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:19:48 +1000
On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 09:32:25AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Perhaps coda support should be removed from the BSD base systems and
> have to be a module, like xfs for arla.  That would address the
> .h/code consistency issue.

I think it's unlikely that removing Coda support from the FreeBSD base
system would improve anything -- without meaning to offend, I don't think
the Coda developers would be able to maintain the kernel code, given that
even the userland parts (venus etc.) do not compile "out of the box" on any
recent FreeBSD release (4.7, 4.8, 5.0). Otherwise it would be good: less
code for FreeBSD developers to maintain, easier for Coda developers to
update/keep in sync with other platforms.

Tim