Coda File System

Gnucash lock problem on CODA

From: Anocha Yimsiriwattana <tawtao_at_tawtao.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:11:51 -0400
Hi all,

After spended two weeks to config CODA, finally I got two replica servers and
four clients up and runing (two clients run on the servers) on Mandrake 9.1.
I also had to init script (both venus.init and codasrv.init) problems, but
now it is a history. :-).  The disconnect mode run great. Thanks you guys.

I still have a small problem running GnuCash on CODA.  When I try to open a
GnuCash database file on CODA filesystem, GnuCash reports that it can not get
a lock!  Here is the actual message,

"GnuCash could not obtain the lock for
/home/yano/coda/docs/account/y2003/account.
That database may be in use by another user,
in which case you should not open the database."

However, I just ignore it by click on "Open Anyway", and run GnuCash on Coda
without any other problems.

When I look at the look file closely, I realized that the attributes of the
lock file is set to be none, i.e. the ls -l shows that

----------    2 yano     yano            0 Jun 23 00:48 account.LCK

Moreover, the filesize is 0 byte!  So I think this might be the problem.  Do
you guys have any idea to solve the problem?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Anocha