Coda File System

Re: write failure issues

From: <shivers_at_cc.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:20:51 -0400
   From: Niraj Tolia <ntolia_at_myrealbox.com>
   >I tried "cfs fr" as per your suggestion, but it just bombs out with a
   >mysterious error message that tells me nothing:
   >
   >    $ cfs fr /coda/myserver/shivers
   >    VIOC_SYNCCACHE: Invalid argument
   >      VIOC_SYNCCACHE returns -1
   >    $
   If you want to be write connected, I believe Jan most probably meant
   'cfs wr <volume.name>'. Also, you can check the status of servers using
   'cfs cs'.

Thanks, Niraj. He mentioned both. My understanding is that wr requests
a change in how venus regards the connection, while fr forces venus to
blow everything in the cache back to the server? Yes?

While on the topic of mysterious error msgs, note the last line of this
cfs output:

    % cfs lv ~/c
      Status of volume 0x7f000000 (2130706432) named "coda:root"
      Volume type is ReadWrite
      Connection State is WriteDisconnected
      Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
      Current blocks used are 6385968
      The partition has 122675704 blocks available out of 129111892
      Write-back is VIOC_STATUSWB: Invalid argument

Vas ist das "VIOC_STATUSWB: Invalid argument" write-back mode?
I'm running the 6.0.6 client.
    -Olin