Coda File System

Re: Coda 6.0.6: Invalid login (RPC2_NOBINDING (F))

From: Jan Kopriva <vasquez_at_jikos.cz>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 23:15:22 +0200 (CEST)
Hi I installed it successfully yesterday.

That's what I did:

I ran the server, auth2 server and all stuff in coda-update init script
(i.e. rpc2portmap, client and server update daemons)
I also checked out the log messages from those programs.

Than at SCM I added the new user via pdbtool.
If I did not do this, but used au nu at client I could not
get login work (dunno why ? :)

When playing with new accounts it is important to choose
some high uid (i.e. 600) not 1,2 etc...

after exit from pdbtool I restarted the coda-update
stuff. Than at client I used au nu, which sets the
password to the user added via pdbtool.

Then just created new volume, ran clog and mount it
as coda admin.

This is the process that works for me.

Hope this helps.

Now I got 1 question for Coda ppl.
I could not restrict access to any user that
belongs to System:AnyUser. For example:
I have /coda/server_name/dir
dir has rl for System:AnyUser.
user1 has -r but still can read anything in dir
Is there any way to force the rights?

Thanks

Jan